Many of us use Pandora to enjoy our favorite music, day and night. But, perhaps you are one of the many people who has not discovered Pandora yet, and even if you have, there may be a few tweaks to enhance your listening experience that you can learn here.
Pandora is an awesome online radio station, where you can listen to music for free in a vast variety of genres. It was started by several musicians who created a project called the Music Genome. This project analyses each song according to a set of 450 unique characteristics. The musicologists who work for Pandora are highly trained in music theory and great detail and care goes into the categorization of each and every song on their platform.
What does this mean for you? Because of all this analyses, you now have at your fingertips an amazing tool to quickly and extremely easily have a radio station that is perfect for your individual tastes that you can listen to 24 hours a day.
Did you know that your activity on Pandora affects your experience and the music that you hear daily going forward?
There are three tricks to getting the most out of your Pandora listening experience and self selecting the type of music that comes towards you from the app or your browser in a way that will be most pleasing to your unique ears.
- Create Stations. On Pandora you can start your own radio station, or stations, based on an artist that you like, your favorite a genre, or even a holiday. Just type what you are wanting to hear into the little box on the top left that says “create station” and your own custom station will be created just for you!
- Thumbs up, or thumbs down songs. As you are listening to your new station you will see a thumbs up or thumbs down sign appear over the artwork of the songs as they are being played. Pandora pays great attention to your feedback here. If you don’t like a particular song they will make sure that song as well as similar songs are not played on your station anymore.
- Skip songs you don’t like. Pandora allows for a limited amount of songs to be skippedper hour. When you skip songs, Pandora will pay attention and even ask you why you have skipped a song! They will then play less of the type of songs that you have skipped.
By the way, I am in no way affiliated with the company Pandora, except that you can listen to my music there, for free.
In case you are just meeting me, I’m Laura Sullivan, a Grammy ® winning composer and recording artist dedicated to creating music that is healing, relaxing and beautiful.
I invite you to listen to my music completely unlimited and for free 24/7 by creating your own Laura Sullivan station on Pandora today!
Super excited that my forthcoming release Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind is in the TOP 10 on Amazon.com New Age - Relaxation Music! You can Pre Order the album NOW and it will be shipped to you on December 11th in plenty of time to make it in your stocking stuffers!
I'm super excited that new reviews for my forthcoming album, Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind are starting to come in! Thanks so much for the lovely review from Mary's Book Corner!
What are three amazing secrets to relaxation? Well, being that this is coming from me, composer and recording artist Laura Sullivan, if you are guessing I’m going to be talking about the wonders of music to induce relaxation, you are right! Please read on to learn more about some specifics of the great power of music to heal and relax, which we all know inherently as we are all musical beings in that we are human.
3. Listening to the RIGHT type of music creates a state of relaxation. Music is an emotion inducer and magnifier that can be used to powerfully effect our mood to produce a state of relaxation. In order to feel relaxed, we must feel emotions that are contented, peaceful, loving and serene. If we are full of anger or sadness, it will be more difficult to achieve a relaxed state of body and mind. Negative emotions and calm spirit and body do not mix well together, and music can help us overcome these negative emotions as studies have indicated.
Have you ever noticed that when you are feeling happy and uplifted, that listening to positive music can lift your spirits even higher? Have you ever been driving in the car and suddenly a sentimental song comes on the radio and your mood is affected, bringing you to tears?
Music is so powerful that it can transform our mood. We can thus use music as a tool in crafting, emphasizing, or de-emphasizing our emotions.
In knowing this, and in wanting to have full control over our emotions as sentient beings, it is wise to be very careful with the music that we listen to.
There is music that can soothe our nerves, like a musical massage. There is music that can jangle our nerves and leave us feeling like we need a massage!
What is the right type of music for you? It is widely known and studies have indicated that music of a slower tempo helps the heart rate slow down. Music that is 60 BPM is a good rate for matching the heart to the tempo of the music.
Music that is crafted with the intention of being relaxing and which was created by an artist who is a sound healer and understands the musical chords, progressions, tempos and tones that lend to a relaxing sound is a good place to begin. Experiment and find what works for you.
Let us all be careful in what we let in, that we only let in music that is relaxing, that will fill and fulfill our hearts with love, compassion and nurturing energy for ourselves that we can then use to nurture others and our planet.
2. Listen to music during times of stressful activities to shield your body and mind from stress and fatigue. Does your job cause you to feel stressed? Do you get fatigued doing yard work or household chores? There are salient studies that have determined that listening to music WHILE we are performing activities that could be stress inducing or fatiguing, we recover faster and have less physical and mental trauma as a result.
Listening to music while we are at work, or doing chores, or any activity that we know may cause us stress can act as a defense to our physical and mental health.
1. Listen to relaxing music for at least 45 minutes to achieve best results. A very interesting study proved that people who listen to at least 45 minutes of music will sleep better and more rested, and for a longer duration. Sleep continues to improve over several weeks as people continue their regime of listening to music. It is OK if you are listening to music while doing other things. Hearing the music in itself is what is important to the inner healing which brings relaxation, including the ability to sleep restfully.
I hope this has been helpful in confirming what I’m certain you already know intrinsically about the beneficial healing and defensive powers of relaxing music.
As a composer, I’m dedicated to creating music that is deeply relaxing and intended to heal from within.
My latest CD is titled Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind,
The music in this audio CD was created with the intention of using the principles of science to induce deep relaxation.
All the songs have a BPM of 60 or lower. This has been noted to be the beats per minute that will calm the heart rate as it causes the brain to synchronize with the beat, producing a frequency from 8-14 hertz per second which causes an alpha brainwave state.
Stanford University Researchers found that listening to calming music can change brain functioning to the same extent as medication. Listening to the right sounds can bring the gift of healing, and rejuvenation.
These songs are further designed to relax through repetition of musical phrases, and positive memory association, initiated to bring listeners to a relaxed and happy space. All these special intentions of conception have formed a powerful album for deep peace and tranquility, bringing connection to spirit, mind and body.
These compositions were produced to bring instant well being, soothing and a feeling of purity. Intended for use for both children and adults, to alleviate stress and promote light within and to be beneficial in getting to sleep and resting peacefully through the night.
Other uses include Massage, Yoga, Meditation, Spa Music and any activity where complete serenity is desired.
Pre Order Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind using the special code 50percentspecial to receive a 50% off the price. But please hurry, the code will only work through November 30th.
The CD will be delivered to you on it’s release date, December 11, 2015.
Laura Sullivan is an established New Age and Grammy® Winning artist who is inspired and led to creation promoting holistic health of mind and body. For further information on Laura Sullivan visit her website.
I'm getting ready for the holidays and need more reviews on some of my CDs on Amazon.com. These reviews really help the customers out a lot when they are searching for music, and your support with your honest reviews helps me a lot!
That is why for 1 week only, I'm offering a limited quantity of the following CDs ABSOLUTELY FREE in exchange for you honest review on Amazon.com!
To receive a FREE review copy of any of the following CDs, follow these three simple steps:
1. Send an email to email@example.com.
2. In your email, specify if you would like a digital download or an autographed CD. If you would like an autographed CD, you will also need to include your mailing address. (US RESIDENTS ONLY PLEASE.)
3. Post your honest review of the CD to Amazon.com. (If you can post your review before Thanksgiving, I sincerely appreciate it!)
These are the CDs available for review:
4. Piano Solos
*If you already own all those titles and would like to gift a copy to someone else, please specify in your email the person to whom you would like the CD addressed to when I sign the autograph.
**If you would like to review more than one title, please request more than one!
Thank you again for your support!
Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind will be released on December 11, 2015 and is now available for Preorder!
*SPECIAL OFFER: Preorder Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind now! Email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a free download of Laura's Grammy® winning title Love's River.
**SPECIAL BONUS OFFER - Preorder 2 or more copies of Calm Within and receive a download AND an AUTOGRAPHED CD of LOVE'S RIVER!! Email your receipt FOR THE PREORDER OF 2 OR MORE COPIES OF CALM WITHIN to email@example.com to receive a free autographed CD of Laura's Grammy winning title Love's River! (Within the US ONLY. Remember to include your mailing address in the email.)
It's very simple - just preorder 2 copies of Calm Within and email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your mailing address in the email.
You will receive 1 free download of Laura's Grammy winning album Love's River emailed to you and 1 free autographed CD of Love's River sent in the mail to you right away!
**You may request a different title if you already own Love's River.